Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bad things come in threes, right?

1.  Getting the flu
2.  Washer breaks

Yep, my washer broke, on a day when I was sick.  Not a good day.  Of course, I put off laundry until I was feeling better, but that changed my mood.  So I did something I haven't done for years.
I headed off to Eco Laundry in Tempe to wash a couple of loads of laundry.  
I took my Nook and got a little bit of reading done while I waited.  This trip to the laundromat really reminded me of simpler times, and not all bad.  It reminded me of my college days.  It reminded me of my first apartments when I didn't have a washer or dryer.  It reminded me of times I went with my mom when our washer went out.
It was actually a pleasant experience.  It took about 1 1/4 hours to do the two loads of laundry.  I didn't like hauling it in and out of the car, though.  And it costs a minimum of $5 a load!  That's substantial.  Thank goodness the repairman will be here on Saturday!

3.  So what's the third thing to go wrong?


No comments: