Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hot dips for a Superbowl Gathering

I tried making two new dips for a Superbowl gathering.  The first was a cream cheese chili bean dip.
Recipe:  2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 to 2 cans of chili beans (do NOT drain)
Grated cheese - to your liking
Keep these layers separate - do not mix together.
Cream cheese on the bottom; pour the beans over the cream cheese.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the beans.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips.
It was yummy and oh so easy!
 The second dip was a baked artichoke and spinach dip.
Ingredients:  10 oz. frozen spinach, fully thawed, drained and chopped
1 can of artichokes, drained and chopped
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
3/4 c. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
Mix all ingredients and place in baking dish.
I used a 9 x 9 glass baking dish.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I served with Triscuit crackers.
Both photos were taken before I baked them.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipes - they both sound delicious! I tried a new dip this year too, called Bacon Double Cheeseburger dip. Holy smokes it was good!

tainted with a positive view said...

oh my gosh, that sounds wonderful. I will have to google it.