Thursday, February 6, 2014

Annual Quilt Show!

I was supposed to go to California with the Vance sisters to attend the quilt show the third weekend in January, BUT... my washer broke (as you know) and I had to get that fixed that day.  So I missed the show in California.  But never fear, there is one here in Phoenix, always the last weekend in January.  I took off work on Friday afternoon and headed over by myself to see what was going on.
Here's a picture of the one row of booths.  I took a picture of a quilt and got scolded, so I didn't take anymore.  There were so many beautiful quilts - I wish I could have shared them with you here.
I was able to snap a photo of this woven neck scarf.  I just love the colors.
I went to the show with the intention of NOT buying anything, just look at things.  But of course, I brought home a few things:
 I bought potholder kits...
 Batting for future potholders...
(That's Sophie in the pink striped sweater.
She thinks she has to be involved in everything.)
A pattern for a bag with great pockets...
 A kit for "chalking" a quilt pattern onto fabric...
 Additional plastic quilt patterns (which I plan to use on placements)...
Antique round paper clips...
Packages of dip mixes...
By Coyote Country Seasoning Co., Inc. out of Pinetop.
I use these for seasoning meat in the crock pot, but as designed, 
they also make great dip - and there are a multitude to choose from.

You can see there were several booths that did not deal with quilting,
so I was able to pick up a little bit of everything.  
I really enjoyed my time walking through the exhibits.

No comments: