Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New Countertops!

When I moved into my townhouse, the kitchen had totally been gutted and re-done:  new appliances, new granite, new sink, new tile, and new cabinets.  It is beautiful, but just not big enough.  You might remember I added some cabinets in the small eating area to extend the kitchen.  Here's a picture from that time frame:
This picture was taken right after the cabinets were put in.  No countertops were installed because I didn't want to spend the amount of money I was originally quoted.
 
Since then I went shopping at Floor and Decor, and I found a granite tile that is almost identical to the countertops already in place.  Since the counters are about 4 feet apart, I think it will work well.
So today, I had someone install the granite tile.
The only thing left to do is put in the grout.  I am REALLY looking forward to seeing it finished.  It already looks so different.  I love it!
I have a list of things I want to do around here - I think it will take at least 5 years to get it all done.  And then I start all over again, right?  (That's supposed to make you smile.)

No comments: