Tuesday, February 16, 2016

You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile...

There's more to this story - or at least a beginning...
 Here I am - fully dressed - with a smile on my face.
I fell on January 22 breaking my humerus bone in 4 or 5 places.  Ouch! is an understatement.  You can see I have 5 pins (which will need to come out later).  After surgery, I was out of commission for a week.  They don't cast this type of break, so I am in a sling for about 6 weeks, give or take.  I went back to work part time for two weeks.  This week, I plan to go back full time.  The day before I went back to work, I felt I needed to do a trial run, so I got up, changed out of my jammies into regular clothes, and ran a few errands with my daughter.  It went pretty well and I am glad we did it.  Until recently, I needed help getting dressed.  I am thankful for my two daughters, Kate and Kim, who stayed with me while I was in the hospital and back at home.  I could not have done it without them.  I still can't drive, but am hoping that will change by the end of this week.

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh my goodness, Jean. OUCH! Wishing you a very speedy recovery! (And thanks for the comments you left on my blog!) xo