Tuesday, October 18, 2016

One week in the Smokies!

I just got back from spending a week with four of my siblings in the Great Smoky Mountains!  My sister, Susan and her husband, Jim, left for Tennessee and met my sister, Gail and her husband, Rudy, who came up from Florida.  My youngest brother, Jeff and his wife Joyce, live in Tennessee which is why I selected that place.  I was longing to see the change in leaves.  We actually stayed at a resort in Sevierville. So, on to some of the pictures I took...
 This was taken from our balcony taken on the day of our arrival.
 One of the first things we did was drive Cade's Cove, which is a 
scenic drive through the Smoky National Park.
We saw historical buildings - the one above
is a Methodist church.
 I love this picture of simply a path in the woods.

 I was taking a picture of the creek when I heard my sister say
"Let's see what Jean's taking a picture of - Oh, it's just water."
I cracked up.
My brother said the exact same thing.
But both of them live in states where water is plentiful.
It's not often I get to see a natural creek bed.

I was taken by all of the coins in the aquaduct.
You can't really see it, but they really sparkled.

The weather was absolutely beautiful 
and the scenery was breathtaking.

No comments: