Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A new kitchen gadget - the Egg Steamer

My daughter came back from her dad's house and told me about his egg steamer.  Hmmm.  Really?  Is this actually better than just boiling the eggs on the stove?  Or is it another one of those items I buy and then wish I hadn't?
So, I ordered one off of Amazon.  They are really reasonable - about $20 - and many models/brands to select from.
With a special tool, you punch a hole in the top, pour in the appropriate amount of water, put the lid on, and hit the button.  They don't always seep out of the top of the egg - this one just happened to do that.  In a few minutes, you can have soft-boiled, medium-boiled, or hard-boiled eggs.  This one is also able to poach or scramble eggs.
I have to say, I enjoy having this egg steamer and Yes, it is easier than boiling them on the stove.

No comments: