Friday, September 22, 2017

Columbus - the movie

Have you heard about the movie Columbus?  It has a few stars that I had seen before, but the best thing about it was that it takes place in my home town, Columbus, Indiana.  Not Ohio, but Indiana.
 My sister, Susan, and I went to see it together, along with my 
brother-in-law, Jim, and my great nephew, Tristen.
I was looking for someone to go with, and she really couldn't say no.
She wasn't born there, but she was raised there and it is home.
We saw it at the Harkins Valley Art Theater in Tempe, which 
reminded me a great deal of the Crump Theater in Columbus.
Did I love the movie?  No.
Did I like the movie?  Yes, I did, however I felt it was more of a reflective 
experience for me.
Columbus, Indiana is a town of about 46,000 people.  
When I was growing up it was about 30,000 to 35,000.
Columbus is known all over the world for its architecture.  
I have really been missing Indiana lately.
I no longer have family there, so I haven't been back since 2000.
I keep thinking one of these years I will take the time and go home.

No comments: