Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I recently received a letter from my HOA

stating I need to paint a wall of my house - on the outside, of course.  I can probably best describe it by showing you pictures.  This dark spot on the wall was left behind after I had my yard re-done.  I am not sure why it is dark, but it is.  It used to be covered by dirt.  So I raked the rock back out of the way and painted the stucco. This is in an area that is what I would call a plant well.
 Here's the other side of the plant well.
And now this is what it looks like after I painted it.  Looks good.
So I will push the rock back after the paint dries.  I think I'm good.
 I used a couple of items today which made things easier.
The first thing is a rubber seal paint lid with a pouring spout.
I found this in my paint supply box and don't know where it came from.
I suspect Kimberly bought it when she painted her bathroom.
So, I tried it.
And I REALLY liked it - so convenient.
It is made so that you can push the spout down into the lid
and it seals.  No messy can lids to clean up or deal with.  
You can actually hear the air leaving the canister, so it really sealed.  
 I know you can buy liners for your paint trays, but I didn't think ahead.  
I didn't have one, so I wondered what I have at home that I could use.

Eureka!  I had an idea!
I used Press 'n Seal and put the "sticky" side down against the plastic tray.
It worked beautifully!
I actually had to use two pieces, but it sealed well and it 
made clean up so very easy.
I am sure it is cheaper than buying disposable trays.
The paint you see on the red tray is old, dried paint - not from this job.
I am one happy camper.  Okay, one happy painter!

No comments: