Monday, June 20, 2011

Make Up Cards from a Missed Card Exchange...

I first need to say that I have had a few "set backs" if that's what we want to call them - or "delays" in getting my blog done on a somewhat daily basis.  You all know that I moved in May - and that seemed to take forever!  I still have boxes around.  Then shortly after my move, I fell and really skinned up/bruised my legs.  A little over a week ago I was stung by a scorpion 3 times - and while I am physically okay now, it totally wreaked havoc with my mind.  Physically, the first 24 hours+ were a nightmare.  So because of these things, and just being busy with my other job, I missed the card exchange for May and June.  So I have some making up to do.  Cindy came over last night and we crafted - IN MY CRAFT ROOM - for the first time!  Amazingly, I have been able to get most of the stuff in this room.  So here's one of the make up cards for either April or May:
One of my goals this year is to use supplies that I already have.  I know I will buy new product, but I am trying to use up some of the paper and embellishments that are taking up room in my house.  This paper was a 6x6 pad that I bought at Paper Vineyard a couple of years ago.  It is "Rhythm" by Black Market Paper Society.  I have to admit I don't know anything about them, but I sure do love this paper.
Because it was a small pad, I didn't have enough to make 10 cards exactly the same.  I did use the same format for each card.  The  stamp is by Hampton Art.
I also used a strip of drywall tape - at least I am pretty sure that is what it is.  It is tacky on one side so it works great on cards - no glue involved.  And a roll is enough for a lifetime - for you and all of your friends.
Here's the whole group of cards.  I really do like this paper line.  I will have to look into this company.
Thanks for reading and have a great week!

No comments: