Saturday, August 6, 2011

Estate Sale

Today was filled with fun - lots of it.  The plans were to meet some friends at Art Unraveled, but before that happened, I went to run a couple of errands, go to the bank.  On the way back to my house, I saw a sign that said "Estate Sale" so I followed the signs and went inside.  I didn't realize until I checked out that everything was 50% off, evidently this was not the first day of the sale, but they wanted it to be the last.  I only had a couple of minutes to look, and I ended up with the following items:
They were selling vintage cards from the 1940's and '50's for 25 cents each!  I bought 12 cards and now wish I had purchased more.  My plan is to re-make one-of-a-kind Christmas cards starting with these vintage cards.  I'm not sure if I will have a hard time actually cutting them down, but since they don't have sentimental value to me, maybe it won't be so hard.  We shall see.
The clip-on candle holders were actually purchased at Art Unraveled.  The cards and small brown "poison" bottle were from the estate sale.
I love this piece of stationery.  "Been so busy, I'm nearly dizzy."  And their "busy" is house cleaning.  So different from today, wouldn't you say?
This book is just a small pamphlet from the '50's outlining refrigerator etiquette.
This pamphlet is called "Memorandum of Account Book."   It was a notebook with information inside.
This booklet was a find for just $1.50!  It has a calendar for 1891 and 1892.  The saying right below  the heading January says "What is jotted down now will be helpful in after years."  I don't think we would have said it quite the same way.
Like I said - a fun, fun day!

No comments: