Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Friendsday Wednesday

I LOVE buttons.  For some strange reason, I am totally drawn to buttons.  I don't know why, but I just can't get enough buttons.  I have a friend who loves ribbon.  What can I say?  We all have our evil addictions.  Some of my buttons are in a 12x12 basket...
You can see the basket more than half full.
I have more in two antique jars...
So.. . I went in search of a button blog.  And I found one that gives me inspiration.  It is http://www.buttonfloozies.blogspot.com/.  The blogger, Laurie, has had so many beautiful, and some odd photos of button art.  A couple that attracted my attention are:
This button art - I can't imagine having the patience to put this together, but I absolutely love it!
And this sewing machine makeover.  I don't think I could do this to my machine, but it sure is interesting.  Seems like it should be something we would find in a vintage store.  Check out her blog.  I think you will like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love buttons too! When I was a little girl, my gran used to buy buttons in bulk and use it for all kinds of projects. I sat for hours, sorting big and small, colours, contrasts...It brightened by life and still do today!

In fact...I just bought 2 packets of buttons, for no reason but for the fact that I loved them!