Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baking for Valentine's Day

Yep, Tuesday is Valentine's Day...  I decided awhile back to try to duplicate something I saw on pinterest - cookies on a sucker stick!  I thought they were so cute.  I wanted to make them for my daughter's 1st graders.  Here's my afternoon...
 A double batch of Ghiradelli brownies...
 A single batch of chocolate chip cookies (to be baked in a pan) with a few butterscotch chips...
 After they were baked and cooled, I cut them out with cookie cutters...
I placed a sucker stick in the base of each one, then wrapped them in decorative cellophane bags...
Finally, I arranged them in a basket for Kate to take to school.  I do not have a heart or Valentine's Day theme hand towel, so I picked a Disney "Goofy" towel.  I figure the kids won't care.  In fact, they probably won't even notice.
I used parchment paper to line the inside of my [new] pans.  I wanted to protect the pans against the cookie cutters.  I was able to lift out the entire pan of cookies.  It worked beautifully and I am wondering why I have never done it before.  Clean up is a snap and I will definitely be using it in the future!
My thoughts?  I would say these were a success.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments: