Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stamped Card for a Friend...

A friend of mine recently celebrated her 65th birthday - it was definitely cause for a special card, so I pulled out this rubber stamp (given to me by Cindy) and made this card...
I am a little rusty when it comes to coloring with my water color pencils, but I still enjoyed doing it.  The inside...
The stamp of the ladies reminds me of our summer vacations.  Every summer for about a 10-year + period, we would go to North Myrtle Beach in South Carolina for two weeks and my aunt and uncle would rent a house right on the beach.  We loved it!  We were given so much freedom while we were there.  It was a huge house and some of my aunts and uncles would show up with their families.  This reminds me of my mother and her sisters (although they did not drink).  Sisters, just hangin' out and having a good time.

No comments: