Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wow! It's been a long time since my last post...

Here's why...
  • I just returned from an overseas trip to  Croatia and Slovenia - I had a wonderful time!  I will share more pictures later.
  • As soon as I returned, my feet hit the ground running at work, catching up on everything that went on while I was gone and trying to handle all of the deadlines coming up.
  • And now?  On Friday, I had foot surgery and am off my feet for a week or so.
To catch up...
Last weekend was Junk Bonanza in Shakopee, Minnesota.  You might remember that I have gone a few times with Nicole and her parents, but this year my trip to Croatia interfered.  Still, I was a little sad when I heard that Nicole's parents, Bob and Marlene, went without us.  Sad.  Sad.  SAD!
Last Saturday I attended a "Gender Reveal" party for Ashley and Brian.  You can see by the color of the handprints on Ashley's t-shirt that they are having a boy.  The party was delightful - quite a few people - all there to find out if Ashley is having a boy or girl.  Even the expectant parents didn't know - only my daughter, Kimmy, was aware of the sex of the baby.  

And then?
This is the boot I am going to be wearing for about 6 weeks.  Stylish, huh?  I had a bunion removed and I think they then fixed the joint by breaking it and placing a pin in it.  Yeah, it hurts, but so far it is not unbearable.  You can see the crutches in the background, which I should use for about 2 weeks.  I think that will be the worst of it.  We'll see.

I have lots more pictures to post taken on my trip to Croatia and Slovenia.  I will do that this week.  What else have I got to do, right?

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments: