Monday, July 7, 2014

Do you remember this quilt?

It was actually the first jelly roll quilt I made.  I love this fabric.  It is "Flirt" by Moda fabrics and I think it turned out so well and the colors really grab me.  I bought the fabric before I even knew who it would be for.  It got placed on the back burner so I could finish other quilts and projects.  I made it for my sister, Gail, who lives in Florida.  I will be meeting them in North Carolina in a week, so I definitely wanted to get this off my plate and in her hands.
The only thing I needed to finish was to sew on the binding.  You know me, right?  I HATE doing that  by hand, so I decided to do a very small zig zag on the seam line.
I am actually happy with how the stitching looks.  I think it's non-obtrusive.   And it was much faster than doing it by hand.  Light years faster.
Completely. Finished. Product.

No comments: